When I was last here, I visited the famous Hanging Rock. The weather then was what you might call "atmospheric" so, when I found myself at a loose end one sunny morning, I thought I'd take myself back for a little exercise.
In some ways, the rock is actually more impressive in the fog. When all's said and done, it's just a geological feature (a mamelon, since you didn't ask) formed in the vent of an extinct volcano. What lends it the mystique is the book and later the film set there. It was much easier to imagine spooky goings-on in the fog.
Still, having got there, here are a few photos:
As you can see, it is surrounded by eucalyptus trees, but there was nary a koala to be seen.
Looking south towards Mount Macedon, where I'm staying:
And, finally, here is the actual Hanging Rock from above and below:
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
Geen opmerkingen:
Een reactie posten